Monday, October 1, 2007

Diaper Duty

We have been potty-training BubbaLou for MONTHS AND MONTHS. No progress. I'm getting so sick of dirty diapers I could scream. She will only go on the potty if I tell her to...every 30 minutes, and even then she still pees in her pants. And she refuses to poop on the potty. I've even tried having her wear only panties, so she can feel if she's yucky....and she DOESN'T CARE! What's a mom to do? I refuse to have a 3 year old in diapers.

I was told day-care would help, all the other children in the preschool program are potty trained. Monkey see, monkey do. No, not BubbaLou. And, realistically, how much good can the teachers do when they're taking care of 12 other kids?

I'm at the end of my rope. Any suggestions?


Okay, on a happier note...I was looking through my Ikea catalog a couple of weeks ago and noticed their slip-covered couch has the same shape as mine. Chair, too. Hmmmmmm, let's do some measuring. No, too good to be true. Can't be. Impossible. Well, I went to Ikea last week and measured their cushions against mine, did some more measuring and voila! I brought home slipcovers for my couch and chair for less than $90 that are an almost perfect fit! Unbelievable. What are the odds? Did I mention these slipcovers are machine wash? Miracle, you ask? I think so. I can't afford new furniture and mine was an embarrassment. These slipcovers fit so well, it looks like I reupholstered my furniture. Ahhh, happiness, joy and clean furniture without holes.

No comments: