Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

I began a new diet plan just over a week ago. It started with a 3 day fruit flush (day one, lots and lots of Jay Robb protein shakes, veggies and chicken for dinner, day 2/3 all fruit, veggies for dinner), now I'm on to high protein, no carb breakfast/lunch, high complex carb, low protein dinner. I basically just had to switch my pasta, buy whole grain sprouted bread, lots more fruit and veg. So far I've lost 7 pounds. 7 to go. Not a bad start, and I'm not hungry or craving sweets and carbs like I was. I was afraid I'd be starving all the time, I'm not and I have more energy.

That's the good.

Bubba Lou won't potty train. I've given up and put her back in pull-ups because I'm so sick of dirty panties. I'm at wit's end. A year and a half of this nightmare. I honestly don't know what to do anymore. Rewards don't work. Punishment doesn't work. Bribing doesn't work. She seriously doesn't care. She doesn't care that her skin is raw and hurts, she doesn't notice that she's wet or soiled. Is this a medical issue, or just a stubborn little girl who's going to drive me insane? It's getting worse every day.

There's the bad.

Now, for the ugly.

I'll get back to ya. Maybe I'll take a picture of my muddy, un-landscaped, debris laden backyard and post it. Makes me miss the snow a little.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Hiya Am!
:) I was doing that (or something similiar) and stopped when the girls got sick. I felt great! I amped up my fiber and protein and every meal was geared solely to that. I was regular (for the first time in my life) and was dropping pounds. Now I'm back on the crap band wagon. :) Once my cold is gone, I'll start again, I just don't have the spunk for it now.

Don't worry about BubbaLou. I know that's easier to say than do, but by the time she is in Kindergarten/
first grade peer pressure will get her right out of that pullup lickity split. Maybe she feels its the one thing in her life she has complete control of. My ex husbands daughter had horrid urinary tract infections and wet herself and the bed until she was 8-10 years old. Soiled sheets, many outfits, antibiotics, for years and years. But now she is a gorgeous 18 year old, fabulous and spectacular. :) It will all be good in the long run.

Hope you are good!
xoxo
Abbie