Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mittens and Cashmere


A peek at what I've been working on...
The first of my mittens mentioned here. This one's missing the kilt buckle (need to get to Joann's) and I've already knit it once and ripped the whole thing out 'cause it didn't fit perfectly. BL watched the ripping process (she usually gleefully helps me rip, but breakfast interfered) and asked me "Mama, why are you breaking that mittie? I love that one." Thankfully, it's bulky yarn and and easy pattern to modify to get a perfect fit, and it knits up in a day. I'll get around to the second one this weekend, maybe. I think mittens are like socks, it takes me a little while to get around to knitting the same thing over again.


Hand-dyed Lobster Pot 100% cashmere, worsted weight, cabled headband. I've worn it once, and it's so cozy. I'm using the other skein and leftover from the headband to do a small(not my usual 8-footer), matching cabled scarf. Winter, bring it on.

No comments: